L

L

Sunday 30 March 2014

Well, I do declare.......

Dear, dear, reader, such joy. We have today heard from our antipodean cousin. A fine elderly gentleman, Mr Oscar Stuart. I cannot express the delight my sister and I beheld at the little envelope winking at us from the mechanical postal device. Such a joypus occasion. Oscar and I used to frequent the same Gentleman's Club and often shared accomodation in our youth. He is a fine gentleman is he not, with quite the choice in furnishing; I do believe my sister has a twinge of envy when spying such beautiful ornamentary in the furnishing. For my part it is a delight to see that his human guardians understand the needs of an older gentleman, and have furnished him with an assortment of comfortable resting places.


 It is quite, quite hard to believe that this fine specimen of cathood is now sixteen, yes, sixteen human years old. We believe that he is true to his name, Oscar, reminding one of the character Dorian Gray for his youthful appearance but one can rest assured, dear reader, that this was not at the cost of his soul, which I can personally vouch for and is very definitely intact.
As you can see, we are both firm believers in the benefits of a restorative afternoon nap, regardless of what country you inhabit.

No comments:

Post a Comment