L

L

Monday 24 March 2014

A job well done

I do declare dear reader that it is our good fortune to be cared for by such hard working human guardians. Further to my last little missive in which I noted the various tasks required to maintain the estate, than I find myself proclaiming on a job well done. I am delighted to report that the work to complete the removal of the apple tree is complete and if it were not for the bare patch of earth and the sawdust from the giant mechanised cutting machine then one would not know there had been a tree there at all. My brother and I are most delighted. 




We must, of course, note the kindness of our human guardians relatives (the sister and brother in law of our female guardian); we are most blessed indeed that their estate lies close to ours and does not require too tedious a journey to visit. We are fortunate that the guardians have a warm relationship and can oft be found visiting, partaking of tea and enjoying ones company. It is a delightfully reciprocal relationship with laughter, fun and hard work on both sides that works so well. Most fortunate for all parties concerned - my brother and I are mindfully tolerant of the fact that they have D-O-G-S (My brother is particularly nervous around these creatures, hence the whispered spelling of their category). These dear people kindly agreed to assist with the disposal of the debris from the tree and organised a number of managed garden fires. Now I do have to comment at the almost maniacal delight of the dear sister at the thought of a good garden fire - one to watch I believe! 

Not content with this, the guardians delighted us with the fitting of a new gate into the inner garden under the yew arch. It is a joy to find ones inner sanctum restored to the safety and security we have previously enjoyed. The bitter wind over the last two days did not deter them and warmly wrapped against the weather they persevered; such tenacity, such strength of character - to be truly admired.

Two days spent at hard labour clearly takes its toll and two very tired guardians retired early. Obviously my brother and I were most keen to ensure their every comfort and warmth therefore took the liberty of joining them. After a little reshuffling, a comfortable night was had by all. 








No comments:

Post a Comment