L

L

Monday 3 March 2014

Oh how delightful

Well, having taken a short foray outside this morning I swiftly reassessed my options and headed homeward. I bade a warm good morning to Cedric and Henry  who were partaking of an early light breakfast. These two charming gentleman are of the pheasant species. I must admit to a certain pang at the delightful beauty of their plumage but, it has to be said dear reader, they are not perhaps the sharpest of  characters if you fully understand me. To be fair, they are pleasant and undemanding neighbours; a fact that is so vital in the countryside and sadly one that cannot be said of all country dwellers. It is a sad and unforgiving fact that many creatures residing in the country fail to adhere to the unwritten code of the countryside; respect one another and never, heaven forbid, overstep ones boundaries, dear me no.

Thank you so much for the interest you have shown in our little communications, so delightful and most flattering.

After the excitement of yesterday my brother and I have spent a quiet day resting. We do hope the weather improves shortly and have particular sentiments for those poor souls affected by the flooding; our heartfelt sympathies to all of you and we can only shudder at the thought of the vast swathes of water in which you find yourselves. We are thinking of you.

Now, I must wish you good evening as my beauty sleep calls and I do wish to be fresh for what the morning brings. Adieu.

No comments:

Post a Comment