L

L

Thursday 13 March 2014

My, my.....


My, my, dear reader, whilst I am a firm believer in the sanctuary of a well written letter, never would I have believed in the joy one can find in this new form of correspondence. Our dear human guardians also seem to delight in this new found form of messenger. It has to be said that there is nothing more thrilling that the delivery of a personal message, or dare I say, even a billet-doux (I have to confess, my sister, being such a natural beauty, has received her fair share of the latter but please, I pray, do not so much as whisper that I have mentioned this little matter!)

We are indebted to you for the interest you have shown in our rather, some would say staid, lives and lifestyle however we are firm believers in a life well led; the natural joys of the beautiful countryside we inhabit, good food, good companions and friends with whom to share it. A simple but joyful pleasure to hear the morning birdsong, crisp fresh air to breathe and a tasty little morsel to slake ones hunger.

It has to be said that my dear sister and I do have a penchant for the odd little piece of mischief - perhaps the kitten in both of us re-emerging. Our dear guardian has, of late, taken to the fine art of crochet. Oh dear, dear, the memories evoked from a simple skein of wool rolled in to a ball. To our joint amusement, many an hour has been passed lately in this simple pleasure. Not perhaps so amusing to our human guardian but with a little encouragement and carefully compiled, shall we say, facial expression even our guardian can see the delight it brings. My sister can be most winsome and wide eyed when required, as one can see for ones self!

Pray, do excuse me but I feel quite exhausted and find myself making the unbelievable faux pas of yawning; I am most contrite dear reader, please accept my apologies. Perhaps at this juncture one might bid you all good night and hope that I bring my manners with me next time.








No comments:

Post a Comment