L

L

Saturday 22 March 2014

Further signs of spring

Further forays have ensued this very day, and oh the joy to see the evidence of springtime bursting forth so readily now. The human guardians keep a very fine garden amongst which I have found nestling the prettiest of spring blooms; my brother and I are great admirers of a well kept garden. Sadly, the human guardians were called away from the estate for a great many hours today and thus I am only able to present the beautiful Hellebore for your admiration.No matter, for I am sure many opportunities will present themselves soon enough.


We met a number of friends along the way with whom we passed the time of day and admired the many birds that we encourage upon the estate. I am inordiantly fond of the robin, a cheery bright little bird who is ever present in the garden nearest the house. This may, in part, be due to the little titbits and treats that are festooned upon the apple trees for their delight. Our dear friend Cedric is also fond of the birds however I do declare it to be for the tasty little morsels that he manages to forage from them, indeed he can oft be found loitering beneath the very tree on which they gather.


Alas, as you are aware, duty always calls, and we spent some time inspecting the recent work upon the estate. The winter weather has had many effects and there are a number of projects that require the attention of the human guardians; a number of gates and gate posts require renewal as well as the continued removal of the old apple tree. My brother also likes to walk the estate boundaries to ensure that all is well and can be known to be return to the home late in the day. I, of course, return a little earlier; the weather still has a nip in the air and the rather troublesome hailstorms of yesterday were perhaps more than I cared to endure for a prolonged length of time. 




No comments:

Post a Comment