L

L

Monday 17 March 2014

Mrs Coney

Well, dear reader, I do declare! This morning I partook of an early light repast before setting forth to undertake some necessary works amongst our local community. I had barely set forth when I spied one of our local gentle women folk, Mrs Marc Coney, scuttling forth along the other  side of the hedgerow that boarders the estate. Now, it has to be said that this dear lady has been most blessed with a large and exuberant family. Once I had managed to attract her attention we stopped a moment to exchange news; on enquiring of her family I was somewhat surprised to hear that all, that is ALL, her daughters had been presented in society this season. I could not suppress my somewhat aghast exclamation of " all" that burst forth from my shocked visage but yes, dear reader, it is true, all have been presented in society. It has to be said however that the Coney family are popular for their hospitality and the genuinely warm feeling one has on meeting them. I could do naught but wish her well with her endeavours in gaining suitable matches for them all. In the words of Tennyson let us hope that "Spring has sprung and a young man's thoughts have turned to love" for ALL of these young things Mrs Coney has brought forth in such numbers! I do not fear about letting this little snippet of gossip slip, dear reader;  Mrs Coney and her dear kind husband are somewhat renowned for broadcasting their family trials and tribulations far and wide.

It has to be said, dear reader, that despite her obvious many concerns regarding her offspring, Mrs Coney was beautifully attired against the cool spring morning in a fetching fur cape, long gloves and tippet that finished with a charming little bustle type creation made of contrasting fur to compliment the rest of her attire. So chic!

I spent the remainder of the day visiting some of my favourite spots in the local community and was rewarded with the many signs of spring; the damson trees are beginning to show early signs of blossom bursting forth, the honey bee is ever present on the estate dashing to and fro from the hives on our dear neighbours estate. Such a joyous and uplifting season, do you not think



Sadly, duty calls, dear friends and I must attend to the many matters that require my attention. I wish you farewell for the moment.

1 comment: