L

L

Sunday 16 March 2014

Tired lumberjacks

Without a question of doubt the human guardians have expended considerable energy this very day. Yes dear reader, a further episode in the demise of the apple tree. The energy required to remove this rather stately apple tree has been immense and this evening my sister and I are taking the liberty that this affords; we are very comfortably ensconced on a human lap apiece. It has to be said watching them perform this task was quite exhausting in itself but one has to keep a firm hand on the running of an estate. I occasionally sallied forth to ensure a suitably tidy completion to today's undertaking. The weather, it has to be said, was quite marvellous - warm with a light breeze; just enough to be cooling during such physical activity. I fear I do not like the immense noise of the machine that they utilise but, dear reader; modern day technology has to be grasped - even if it is rather odiferous whilst in use. I am oft teased by my sister for the requirement of a job well done but pray dear reader, who is this winsome young thing undertaking a minute examination of the works I ask?






















My dear sister arrived home yesterday after an early foray in to the wilderness surrounding the estate. She had, in the true proprietary manner that she is renowned for, brought home a "foundling" to be "re-homed". This did cause some consternation amongst the human guardians when the poor little thing escaped my sister's warm embrace and attempted to return to its "hovel". Only the firm handling of the situation by our female human guardian ensured a suitable re-homing. It has to be said my sister gets unduly attached to these little things and can be known to make a dash for the solitude of her own boudoir in an attempt to keep the poor thing with her. Alas, we are unable to become guardians to them all however our human guardians are adept at this re-homing. From the photographic momento of the occassion one can see that my sister has ensured that any "foundling" is throughly washed before she will even consider their next step!


It is a joy to wander the estate and come upon the banks of primroses, the dancing hazel tails and nodding heads of the daffodils that grow there; such a simple but delightful pleasure that heralds the new season. I leave you , dear readers, with some fine examples to delight upon.





1 comment: