L

L

Tuesday 16 May 2017

Well hello.....

Well, I do declare, it has come to my attention that we suddenly have a marked following from our Australian friends - a very warm welcome to you all. Indeed, it is so delightful and most gratifying to see the interest from across the globe, from the Australias , through America, Canada, Russia, Poland, Ukraine, France,  and so many more -hello to each and every one of you. I do hope you find our little musings interesting and amusing, a little light relief to enjoy. 

Unusually for England, and the great British weather, we experiencd a prolonged dry spell for the first part of the year, why mutterings of a drought had begun to abound, much as we British are won't to do - never more happy than discussing the weather. Much to the relief of the gardening fraternity, we have had a goodly amount over the last few days and, oh my, how does the garden grow. The new yew hedge is showing some good signs of growth much to my delight and, it has to be said, relief. The roses are beginning to bloom, foxgloves abound, Nepeta, geraniums, iris, infact an English country garden - why it makes my heart sing with delight, pride and joy to look at. Within the month of May we have the glorious gardening spectacular to encourage our wildest dreams with the Chelsea Flower Show scheduled. My dears, such a dangerous activity in viewing the delights on offer, why it really can do serious damage to ones bank balance.

The little bookcase project comes on a pace and last evening was spent undertaking a second coat of paint which looks most becoming, if I say so myself. I do like a little project and reusing, repurposing or upcycling (as it is apparently now referred to) really has become de riguer again, my dears. I am an ardent fan, it has to be said, for I really am not fond of the "throw away" habit that was so popular once upon a time. There is an inert sense of satisfaction in reusing items that were erstwhile considered past their sell by date, do you not agree? 



No comments:

Post a Comment