L

L

Sunday 14 May 2017

First coat...

It has been, my dears, another productive day for the male guardian and I. Firstly, as we sipped our first cup of fine English tea, the male guardian espied an electronic message from Australia, how very exciting. We duly sat and partook of our tea whilst still in repose amidst the bed chamber - quite a delightful start to the day, dear souls, I really can recommend it. Such an update from afar, with all the news and goings on, that makes one feel part of it all. Much progress has been made and a busy pair of bees they have been indeed, being of a "doing" nature.

Not ones to sit on our laurels, we too have taken the opportunity to tidy and trim the garden as one oft has to do at this time of year. Whilst the male guardian undertook the never ending task of keeping the lawns at bay, I undertook to put a first fine coat of chalk paint on the bookcase we had purchased. Well, my dears, what a transformation, I am most pleased. There are further coats to be applied and a fine wax finish but, I have to say, that I am already satisfied with a most prudent outlay. More importantly, the male guardian has approved the project, much to my delight. Dear friends, I foresee many such projects in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment