L

L

Saturday 20 May 2017

Literary completion...

Dear reader, I am quite beside myself with happiness for this very morn I have completed my little project. As I write, the male guardian is transferring his collection of literature that has erstwhile sat on the floor (so tardy my dears, but what is one to do) in to his "new" bookcase. I cannot tell the joy it has given me to take up the mantle again and upcycle a piece of discarded furniture. It really does give one a delicious frission of delight to see it completed and, importantly, in use. I have a firm feeling that this will not be the last project that I undertake. Chalk paint is a very nice medium to work with and gives such a becoming finish; I thoroughly recommend it, my dears. 

The knitted garment currently on the needles continues apace and the front section of the garment is nearly complete. I have no doubt that the first sleeve will be in progress before the weekend has passed. Such an enjoyable pastime and important to continue the craft through the generations as those have done before us; why, my dears, my darling twin sister is even showing signs of interest - so exciting to think that all of my mother's daughters will continue in her knitterly footsteps. Only time will tell but I am confident that I see a glimmer of hope twinkling. 

Much to my delight and hilarity, a dear friend and colleague sent me a moving picture of one of her gorgeous bantam chickens making that most delightful "racket" they elicit when excited - my dears, it did so make me laugh. I am very fond indeed of chickens having grown up with them and find their "chuntering" and "clucking", as they go about their business, really quite relaxing. A neighbour also has a few chickens in her garden and one can often hear them throughout the day clucking and chattering - delightful, quite delightful.

No comments:

Post a Comment