L

L

Monday 29 May 2017

Late May Bank Holiday

Who does not, dear reader, enjoy an English Bank Holiday? The late May Bank Holiday is all the more joyful for announcing that summer is around the next corner with the advent of the month of June and the longest day. Oh how the seasons flit by, barely a breath taken and we turn from spring to summer.

My dears, it has been a busy and fruitful week; you may recall the decision earlier in the year to continue with final push to update our little home and lo, it is all in order with plans discussed, dates negotiated and sections of the work already completed. Both the male guardian and I have undertaken small projects over this long weekend to assist in the final push. Such excitement I cannot tell. I find myself inspecting colour samples of paint with gleeful anticipation and not a little concern, for one wishes to ensure a practical yet inviting environment in which to reside. The male guardian is oft to be heard muttering "looking, looking",  a habit I do believe he has picked up from a certain element of the Australian contingent of the family, as he considers the options before him, much to my amusement.

We have tidied and sorted to our hearts content, such a cathartic busyness. I do so enjoy a sorting, tidying time, do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment