L

L

Sunday 7 May 2017

Logs and lemon cake

Oh my, what a day we have had. Full of doing and busyness but oh, so satisfying. Woken by birdsong and light, I woke early, keen for the first cup of finest English tea. Our thirst quenched and a number of rows added to a garment bound for the Australias, I rose and went to purchase the Sunday broadsheets as well as a few supplies. The male guardian was ensconced in pages of a most riveting book and lay a while whilst I gathered my purchases. Thus ready, I donned my apron and baked a luscious lemon cake to partake of later in the day, much to the male guardians delight. A short time pursuing the broadsheets with a further large cup of English breakfast tea and thus we set about our task. The day was spent in toil filling the log shed with dry seasoned logs in preparation for the colder months. Tired but satisfied, we stopped at teatime and partook of a generous slice of luscious lemon cake along with a further large cup of tea. Dear reader, it was a most welcome repast at a the end of a busy few hours spent in physical toil. 

Once refreshed, we spent some time catching up with the Australian contingent, swapping photographs via the electronic postal service - such an amazing invention my dears, one really should try it. Thus updated, we have spent a quiet evening enjoying our leisure time. We do so hope your day has been as productive and enjoyable dear friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment