L

L

Monday 21 November 2016

Stormy night

Well, 'pon my soul, was Saturday not the stormiest night? Lashings of rain, thunder and stormy winds. My lady guardian and I surveyed the estate and gardens on Sunday morning to ensure that all was well, and thus far, we appeared to be intact. The estate gardens were adrift, indeed, awash with apples and leaves; it appears they were all shaken from their branches last evening during the storm. My male guardian arose at an early hour whilst still dark, off to professional toil; in light of the storm and uncertainty as to the state of the drive, an earlier hour than normal was felt prudent. Not one to rest on her laurels, my lady guardian once again took the opportunity to undertake her weekend chores. The fire was laid in preparation for the evening, however, much to my delight there must have been a live ember for the fire was soon alight and whilst my lady guardian was otherwise engaged, I basked in its warmth. My lady guardian took pity on me and thus the house has been joyously warm all day. 

Monday, came with rain lashing the southwest of England once more. ''Twas my lady guardians turn to leave the estate for professional toil amidst the rain, deviations to the route necessary in view of flooding. Fortunately my lady guardian has safely returned, however, rain continues to lash the countryside. For now we are all together and tomorrow is another day. We do so hope that you are all safe and secure despite the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment