L

L

Sunday 31 December 2017

Happy New Year

Like many of you, my dears, the male guardian and I are wondering where the last year has gone. Not but five minutes ago did it seem like we were opening the door on a new year, than we are once more stood teetering on the brink of another. As is oft quoted, tempus fugit, dear souls, tempts fugit.

I do so enjoy looking back over the year, to revisit our time, and to consider the new year ahead for it allows one the opportunity to enjoy the highs and consider the lows, to reassess and re-evaluate that which is important to us. As we move forward, there are works still to be undertaken on our little home and maintenance in the gardens require consideration. Plans will be made and executed as funds allow, as well as the importance of including time for enjoyment, rest and recuperation from one's daily toil in one's annual schedule.

I am most fortunate to have made some changes to my daily toil over this last year which means I am able to include a four mile walk in to my schedule, and I must say, my dears, how delightful it has proved. I really do enjoy my daily constitutional, at a brisk pace, of course. It really is quite the ticket, blowing away the proverbial cobwebs and getting the blood flowing. Such a small change but one that raises those endorphins. Added to this is the mileage one undertakes as part of the daily toil, all in all, a bonus for one's mental and physical health. 

I am slowly and tortuously learning to play a musical instrument; I am by no means quick and it is certainly torture for anyone in the vicinity but I will persevere, whilst I am on my own that is. 
The regular get together will two dear friends and colleagues to learn the art of dressmaking continues with a date already set for the new year. These are such fun occasions and afford time away from our professional toils to enjoy ourselves, and that we do in great abundance. I am slowly progressing with my skills in the art of knitting, which I also enjoy, and plan to continue to increase
the standard of garment I can produce. Such fun things to do and also of benefit to "the little grey cells" as dear Monsieur Poirot was apt to say. 

Most importantly, is the time the male guardian and I are able to spend enjoying each other's company around our professional toil commitments. After all these years, we still enjoy each other's company and love to laugh at really quite the most childish of things. It is however this ability to laugh at the absurd together that has allowed us to weather life's storms.  Those moments of joy are like hidden treasures each day, to be sought and savoured as one can, along with my oft quoted simple pleasures. 

We wish you all a happy and healthy new year. Work hard, enjoy life's simple pleasures and laugh often, dear friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment