L

L

Monday 25 December 2017

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas, my dears. I do so hope you are having a joyful and peaceful day. The male guardian is once more at his professional toil, doing his duty, and therefore we rose early to see in the day, after a late evening upon the electronic device talking face to face with the darling twin sister and partner. It was a late night, dear souls, but, oh, how we did laugh, such food for the soul. It was such fun and a joy to be able to wish them a Merry Christmas in person, so to speak, them being a full eight hours ahead of us in time. 

Prior to this, and before the male guardian completed his day of toil, I attended the glorious Carols in the Cowshed held every Christmas Eve by a lovely local Farming family. As some of you may remember, I have spoken of this before and do so every year I attend for it is such a beautiful, little family service and reminds one of the real message of Christmas. Christmas just is not Christmas without it and I am most saddened when my own professional toil prevents me from attending. The atmosphere really cannot be given full credit in words. Yesterday I was perched high up in the hay bale amphitheater next to a large enclosure of cows and calves nestled in fresh bedding. Over 350 people were snugly fitted in with standing room only. The local Vicar took us through the Nativity story complete with audience participation in sounds and actions, interspersed with some classical festive carols sung with boisterous enthusiasm to make the heart sing. A short, gentle reminder  of those less fortunate and, as proceedings came to an end, warm mince pies were offered along with chocolates for the children, as well as a collection for the homeless. It is a local tradition that I hope will continue for many years and can only add my thanks to the many others to the Farming family who host the event each year. 

Once again, my dear friends, have a Merry Christmas and may all your dreams come true xx

No comments:

Post a Comment