L

L

Saturday 2 December 2017

Super moons and fat quarters

Mooching, my dears, is clearly one of those new fangled words but, it has to be said, one that fits the bill so beautifully. I have, dear reader, spent a delightful few hours in a nearby small town mooching; meandering too and fro, purchasing a few small necessities but also taking the opportunity to review the wares on offer in a number of small, but select establishments, and oh, what fun it has been. I have   attempted to purchase our favourite brand of tea cake at a well known food store (sadly, only to be disappointed), fingered fabrics, oohing and aahing at the choice available and, ahem, purchased a small number of fat quarters to use as facings in some quite delicious colours and patterns. I was also most fortunate to stumble across a very nice new living store with some rather delicious items for the home. I must say, what a beautiful little selection of items they had indeeed, dear reader, which I did, unbelievably, manage to resist, so close to the festive season as we are. It was after an initial review of said store that I looked up from the items on offer to find myself face to face with a work colleague of many years past who has opened said establishment with her daughter. Well, what a very nice surprise indeed and so delightful to see how she and her daughter have utilised their very good taste and ethical stance to open such a smart little store. I do so hope that they do well, no doubt helped in a very small way by some purchases I am sure I will be making in the not too distant future. 

I am awaiting, in anticipation, the rising of the super moon that we are, it appears, due to be dazzled with on Sunday afternoon. Why, dear souls, I do believe it to be one of many natural wonders that should not be missed, if at all possible. A clear, crisp night sky emblazoned with a glowing winters super moon, quite the ticket for a December afternoon, do you not agree. Why, the very thought of a fine cup of restorative coffee and a tea cake after time spent outside admiring the spectacle fair sets one's taste buds tingling in response to the very thought of what is to come. Such excitement. We do so hope the English weather complies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment