L

L

Tuesday 19 September 2017

Prolific produce

Dear souls, it is apple season and we find ourselves awash with a glorious variety of apples. Red stripes, pink blushes, pale green, darker green, some large, some small and somewhere in between. Oh, what a bountiful harvest we have, my dears. If an apple a day keeps the Doctor away, I can only hope we are reaping just rewards with our prolific consumption of such sweet, juicy fruit. Who does not love home grown produce, fresh from the garden, so deeply delicious, my dears. The added bonus from this bountiful harvest is the birds, bees and butterflies, as well as some stunningly beautiful dragonflies that visit the garden. We are so very fortunate, dear reader, to witness this spectacle. Nature at its best. 

The practice garment for my friend and colleague has been knitted, sewn together and tried on. Oh, the joy of a garment that fits well and the recipient is delighted with. Dear souls, one can breathe again. Now, the garment can be tweaked for personal preference; colour, texture and finishing details, all those delightful elements that make a garment. I am, dear souls, in debt to my friend and colleague, for in the time I have taken to knit one garment she has produced several garments for our little band of crafters. I am quite determined to pay my dues with my softly spun woollen currency. The response of my friend and colleague to an item that is bespoke and fits her well is music to my ears, as well as her enthusiasm for a reciprocal item being a joy to behold. 






No comments:

Post a Comment