L

L

Saturday 9 September 2017

10 Parishes Festival

Well, my dears, it is the beginning, this very day, of a most glorious event called the "10 Parishes Festival", with the Somerset Arts Week following hot on its heels later in the month.  Now, as I am sure you are aware, the male guardian and I do so appreciate those talented individuals who paint, pot, sew, sculpt or the like for a living. Indeed, I do so envy their talent but am realistic to the limits of mine own. These two events showcase some truly talented artist, some established, some just beginning but so worth a little peruse. Thus, we oft find ourselves during this time taking the carriage, or if close to our own locality, walking out with the intent of spending a little time appreciating the fine talents of these artistic people who open their homes, barns, galleries or indeed, garages to the general public to showcase their talents. I do so love a little viewing; what is not to like, my dears, on a Saturday or Sunday, taking time out of one's busy life to appreciate the fruits of another's labour. It does so remind me of the poem, "What is this life, so full of care, we have no time to stand and stare" (WH Davies); what better way to embody these words than in appreciating a painterly representation of nature or the like. Delightful, quite delightful. I do so hope you have the opportunity to take the time to "stand and stare" as I fully intend to do so over the months of September and October, both very rich in artistic talent in these neck of the woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment