L

L

Saturday 3 December 2016

Thoughts of the festive season...

Now that we are in the month of December, thoughts have turned t'ward the festive season. Firstly, and most importantly, the postal dates are of paramount importance for anyone with family residing abroad. Dates have, therefore, been duly noted and addressed. The larder has been reviewed with thoughts of a number of small select festive meals to enjoy when both guardians are present outside of their professional toil. My guardians are most dutiful every year in ensuring the log shed is full to last us through the winter months, and provisions laid down for wholesome food. High on the agenda, of course, is ensuring that plentiful supplies fill my own little cupboard of delights; one likes to be prepared for all eventualities.

I have been most fortunate to have both of my guardians home for a few days. We have enjoyed time together, the log burner murmuring in the back ground. Lamps lit early to produce a welcome glow of warmth, and curtains drawn early afternoon against the darkening sky. Whilst my guardians have taken time away from the home, we have all thoroughly enjoyed our delightful moments of languor; the periodicals, a fine book, music in the background - unwinding to the sights and sound of  home, such comfort. A warming cup of fine coffee, a sweet treat for my male guardian and deep sighs exhaled at the knowledge that sanctuary has been reached in the four walls of our little home. Home is where the heart is, my dears, particularly in the case of my guardians and I. 

No comments:

Post a Comment