L

L

Saturday 10 December 2016

Art appreciation...

Well, my dears, the weather has turned warm and wet much to my lady guardian's disappointment. Today has been dank, dark and quite unseasonably tepid. Ne'er fear, for what should arrive by post this very week but an invitation to a most splendid open house art exhibition. Oh, the frisson of excitement this did cause for the exhibition was for non other than James Lynch, a most talented local artist and one of my guardians' favourites. Much deliberation however was undertaken by my lady guardian for she finds art to be most irresistible. My male guardian was most persistent and won the day, thus the carriage was prepared and off they went this afternoon for a few hours of art appreciation. Now, as Christmas is ever closer, I am quite excited myself, dear friends, for will there be a parcel that resembles a painting under the festive tree? Why, who indeed knows, but it has to be said a most jolly time was had by both my guardians with a most delightful warm welcome from the artist and his wife, who is also an artist of repute. 

On their return the fire was lit to burble away slowly and brighten the day for 'twas dimpsey; the lamps were lit and a most warm glow they did emit. My lady guardian has most diligently mastered the art of sock making, therefore my male guardian may find something warm and welcome in his Christmas stocking - now for those gentleman who are sniggering at this juncture, with minds in the direction of the sewer, may I dutifully remind you that this is not what I am implying as you are well aware, (although if you are thinking that which I think you are thinking, you are no gentleman Sir!).

On a firmer footing, my lady guardian is assessing the estate gardens for the annual decoration of our small abode. We are inordinately fond of greenery to decorate the mantle, a wreath and a small tree of some kind as a nod t'ward the festivities without overt excess. I am sure our home will be simply but stylishly decorated for the season. We do hope you too are enjoying your festive preparations. My lady guardian is fond of home made gifts and will be trying out a twist on the normal sloe gin; something I am sure will go down well with the Antipodeans after a year or two of maturation.

No comments:

Post a Comment