L

L

Wednesday 21 December 2016

Four sleeps...

Oh my, my how the festive preparations are building. Why both my guardians have made comment on the vast quantities of illuminated decorations on view on the external facades of many homes. Why, the number of candles these families must purchase is quite beyond me. My lady guardian has taken pains to reassure me that they are electrical illuminations, and if installed correctly are quite the safest of decorations. Dear friends, I am most relieved for one does concern oneself at the thought of excited children in the presence of a quite so many naked flames, or indeed, the very fabric of the buildings they adorn. 

Our dear postman has delivered a busy stream of Christmas greetings in the form of cards and oh how delightful they are. A predominance of the festive robin, a beautiful print of an illuminated church undertaken by our local artist and, some very jolly village scenes adorned with the ubiquitous smattering of snow. There also appears to be quite a number that sparkle, which I must confess, does appear to spread itself around with abandon; why, one finds evidence of it is the most unusual of places, dear reader.

We do so hope that your preparations are well in hand and that you approach the season with peace and goodwill in mind, despite the frantic feelings that can sometimes creep up on one as the day approaches. ''Tis but one day, dear souls, and a time for joy and celebration and to do unto others as you would have done unto you, such a peaceful simple maxim to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment