L

L

Saturday 15 October 2016

The Hunter's moon

Well, my dears, I am in feline heaven. You may indeed ask for why and I will tell. My lady guardian did, last evening, swap the summer bedding for its autumn equivalent. My dears, it is sumptuously, heavenly warm and quite the most gorgeous of things; I am quite beside myself with delight. One quite sinks into its warm fluffiness as if a marshmallow. Oh, I do love the trappings of autumn homeliness. Perhaps the most enchanting of the autumn accompaniments is the large vase of chrysanthemums my lady guardian bought from a delightful lady in the village. Such a glorious display of autumnal colour, with a fragrance so evocative of the season. Quite, quite divine, my dears.

After the hustle and bustle of the last few weeks my lady guardian and I have spent the afternoon and evening a deux. My lady guardian was able to catch up with a family member for a cup of fine English tea before setting about a thorough cleaning and tidying session. Sadly, the weather became inclement and the laundry had to be dried by electronic means much to my lady guardian's consternation. However, our little home has been aired and refreshed to her satisfaction. My dear male guardian has sadly returned to his professional toil already much to our combined dismay but, as we are both aware, duty calls. 

This evening has seen the moon light the countryside with a beautiful shimmering light, know as the hunters moon; being referred to as such for we enter the season of hunter gathering prior to winter. Thus lit, the estate is espied shrouded in a light mist that followed the earlier heavy rain. The sky is clear, stars glisten, the temperature has dropped and the cows in the field are lowing. Oh, how we do love our rural surroundings; we are, my dears, truly blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment