L

L

Thursday 6 October 2016

Country or city, that is the question...

My darling Guardians have spent a few days in the Metropolis with the antipodeans. I, for my part, have been looked after by a most delightful lady who has administered to my ever need and whim, which has been most delightful for a few days. We are, however, now back to normal and, dear friends, it has to be said that there is nought so enchanting than restoring one's life to normal after a few days of excitement. At my, ahem, great age, one likes one's comforts and we have settled down together again as if shrugging on a well worn, comfortable old cardigan. Bliss, sheer bliss. 

My guardians had a most exciting time during their stay in the Metropolis. My lady guardian's twin sister and husband had rented a most delightful apartment for the stay and, oh my dears, what a delight. Spacious, comfortable and, most importantly, a stone's throw from quite anywhere. Why, the four intrepid visitors walked and walked; quite exhausting my dears but oh how they did enjoy the various delights on offer. The delights of wandering at will to view the many wares on offer, a little light shopping and more importantly, afternoon tea at Fortnum and Mason before an evening spent at The Globe Theatre to see the Merchant of Venice. Why, how this has elicited much excited chatter amongst them all; the tea at Fortnum's quite surpassing expectation and the skill of the Shakesperian actors much commented upon.

A visit to St Paul's Cathedral delighted one and all. Such an amazingly intricate building designed by the most talented of architects, Sir Christopher Wren, and well worth a visit. My dear guardians are quite smitten. One has to, of course, attempt the climb up through the dome which was successfully achieved, with a little time spent in the Whispering gallery which elicited a few moments of fun for the visitors.

Four weary travellers returned last evening and now have the delights of our beautiful countryside in its autumn garb to explore. I, for my part, have now not two but four adoring humans to minister to my needs. One will take one's advantages where one can, dear friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment