L

L

Saturday 1 October 2016

Sunshine and showers, apples and leaves...

'Tis inevitable, my dears, but the light has begun to fade earlier and this very evening the lamps were ablaze before the clock struck seven. A mixed weather day of brilliant sunshine and clear blue skies alternating with the darkest of grey clouds and rain showers, all accompanied by a fine blustery breeze. The apples upon the ground are accompanied by the falling of leaves, ablaze in their Autumn hues. As my guardians' and I contemplate the garden from the comfort of the armchair,  it is quite the Autumn picture that presents itself. Why the holly hedge is laden with the most plentiful supply of bright red berries that tempt the birds from the trees. There is nought so comforting as a warm lap and the golden glow of an early lit lamp to make one feel quite snug is there not? It is still too warm in our little family for heating of any kind to be considered, however we are aware that for some it is a requirement already. 

My dear lady guardian has not one but two woollen garments now in progress, a cardigan AND a pair of woollen socks. Now far be it for me to comment, but the latter look a tad too large for the delicate structure of my own fair paws. I do believe they are destined for one other than myself. Let us hope my lady guardian has ensured a plentiful supply of wool. 


No comments:

Post a Comment