L

L

Sunday 16 October 2016

Gardening and convolutions

Once more, my lady guardian and I find ourselves home alone. Early showers gave way to sunshine therefore, not one to sit on her laurels, my lady guardian has taken the opportunity to catch up on some much needed gardening. The new front hedge has been inspected and tidied, the inner and outer banks trimmed, garden refuse gathered and yet more wind fall apples gathered. Whilst this was ongoing, laundry fluttered in the breeze and a very large pan of soup prepared for supper tomorrow, forward planning being imperative in a busy schedule. I, for my part, caught up on some much needed nap time rising when it was time to inspect the works and give my opinion on the standard. ''Twas easy for my lady guardian is a diligent worker and all was well. 

My lady guardian was most delighted to hear from the Irish section of the family this very morn. All has gone well with the visit and both sides of the family enjoyed some delightful hours spent catching up and exchanging news. No doubt a meal will have been partaken and perhaps a drop or two of the black stuff, if I did not know them better. The brother in law of my lady guardians twin sister (do keep up dears) is an artist in his own right and it is quite delightful to see that he is now enjoying a modicum of success, for he is a good artist. My lady guardian is an admirer of some of his work and finds it most satisfying to see his work recognised, for recognition in the arts can be difficult to obtain. The little twist in this tale is that the father of my lady guardians brother in law taught my lady guardians twin sisters brother in law to paint (still with me?) Is it not an enchanting tale and so heart warming that said brother in law (of my lady guardians twin sister) thus accredits him for this.

Dear reader, I am aware that it can make confusing reading, but my lady guardian is one of six thus there are numerous extensions of the family through relationships, marriages, and births.  The family, and its many extensions, are spread far and wide across the world anchored by my lady guardians parents who lay at rest here in the sanctuary garden. In the words of my lady guardian "the convoluted lives we do lead".

No comments:

Post a Comment