L

L

Thursday 21 July 2016

Summer

Well, dear friends, the first two days of this week did remind my dear guardian's of the summer of '76, with clear blue skies as far as the eye could see and blazing sunshine reportedly hotter than the Sahara. How my male guardian did love it, however, those of you in the know will remember my poor dear lady guardian's aversion to anything above 20 degrees. Two days to be endured and despite not venturing forth in direct sunlight, managed to catch the sun despite all attempts to avoid this very situation; alas being of the Celtic red colouring has its disadvantages. Not however to look a gift horse in the mouth with enforced static activities, some small fine knitted garments have been attempted in reference for future work and a very pleasing outcome there was, much to my lady guardian's delight. For myself, I have done my duty and kept my guardian's company whilst sat in the sanctuary garden, one under a becoming garden parasol, the other very definitely enjoying the sunshine


Today, we have had a light smattering of rain amidst the warmth, for which we are grateful,  as the new hedging is still in its early stages requiring copious watering from the water butts, the contents of which are now very low. The grain in the fields surrounding us is a glorious golden and in certain parts of the county, harvesting has begun. Oh my, how the year does fly. Our small estate looks glorious and a joy to behold, much to the delight of my guardian's.


No comments:

Post a Comment