L

L

Wednesday 13 July 2016

Sshhhhh..................

Dear reader, I do impart this in a whisper, for I believe the elusive British summer day did show its face briefly this very day. Quite the most delightful afternoon. I confess I did spend it in the sanctuary garden betwixt the new sun terrace and the shade of the orchard, as I whiled away my time between guardian's, taking the air, or as my late darling brother would oft be heard quoting " busy doing nothing, working the whole day through, trying to find lots of things not to do". I do, of course, beg to differ for I do believe in the restorative benefit of contemplation and where better to undertake this than the sanctuary of ones own garden at the peak of loveliness. Why the roses abound, hydrangeas are aplenty and the mock orange is quite a sight for sore eyes. It does fair drive the honey and bumble bees wild. What is more British than the sound of a busy bee perusing the gardens floral delights, the sound of its buzzing waxing and waning as it negotiates the various flowers, whilst one lies  basking in the glorious warmth of a fine summers day. The crops in the fields surrounding our little estate grow steadily more golden preparing for their day of harvest and, oh my, how the apple crop does grow. How the seasons do race t'ward one another. My male guardian and I do fully intend to enjoy each joyous summer day to its fullest, lapping up the warmth of the sun. We do so hope you have the opportunity to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment