L

L

Sunday 24 July 2016

Rest and recuperation

For those of you who have followed us a while, you will know that I am a firm exponent of the restorative powers of a little rest and recuperation. It has therefore been delightful to have my guardian's with me this last week doing just that, away from professional toil, allowing oneself to "sniff the roses". In this thoroughly modern world it appears all too easy to set ones cast, jump on the treadmill and keep going, full pace without thought for ones peace of mind. This week has been about freeing the mind to float at will and enjoy simply being, to appreciate the beauty that surrounds us and enjoy each other's company. Delight has been taken in being the three of us, free from duty, and expectation. Such a life enhancing time. Enjoying our modest home, our lives unfettered by the ticking of the clock nor demands of others. My dears, we thoroughly recommend it. So restorative. 

The joy in waking unencumbered by routine, by taking pleasure in simple summer foods, a good book, the garden, glorious music, all accompanied by an English country garden at the height of summer and those important to us. Simply divine, my dears, simply divine.

My lady guardian is so very fond of the poem "What is this life so full of care, we have no time to stand and stare", a worthy read to reflect upon and one, as you know,  I thoroughly recommend my dears.

No comments:

Post a Comment