L

L

Sunday 31 July 2016

Glorious weekend

Oh my dears, what glorious weather we have enjoyed this fine weekend. Why, both my guardians were with me and we did spend the larger part of it enjoying our small estate and partaking of our meals "al fresco". There are, of course, always jobs to be undertaken but they are no hardship when the sun is shining and a light breeze prevails to keep one cool. The lawns therefore are neat and trim thanks to my male guardian, whilst my lady guardian did tidy the new front border. The new roses are in bloom, planted in memory of my lady guardian's departed mother, plus the rose planted for her father (some eighteen years ago) has delayed its blooming to flourish together. United in their beauty and the joys they give. I, for my part, ensured the standards my dear late brother did believe in. 

This evening we spend some joyous hours as a family, enjoying each other's company, resting before my guardians' return to their professional toil. Oh how we do enjoy these restful hours together. For we are lucky to have one another, of that we are sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment