L

L

Sunday 17 January 2016

Upheaval and decisions

Well, my dears, what a week it has been. One has to say that, despite one's best efforts, plaster dust really does get everywhere; why a film did cover every possible surface. My male guardian however worked wonders one morning brushing and mopping the floors to ensure a warm, clean welcome return for my lady guardian after a day spent in toil. Such a generous gesture after such recent turmoil gladdened her heart. This very morning began the whitewashing of the new ceilings and chimney breast in preparation for the return of the electrical gentleman to finish the new lighting and the builder to place a new beam and corbels for a fine oak mantle. As the lady of the house my dear lady guardian has had many a decision to make; why which colours to use, where the lights should be placed, what size and colour beam for the mantle. My male guardian and the builder did solidly agree that these were decisions that only the lady of the house should make. A wise decision indeed as I am sure, my dear reader, one agrees. 

It has to be said, I am truly grateful that the building work has reached a stage where one can once again light the home fires against the winter weather and warm our little home. Typical, is it not, that the work should reach a crescendo when the coldest days of the year are upon us and to allow the plaster to dry slowly, lighting of the log burner was forbidden. Oh my, dear friends, I am past the flush of youth that bears this well and spent every possible moment one could ensconced upon a warm lap, upon or betwixt my guardians, whenever physically possible. It was of course, you understand, most necessary to keep them warm.

Alas, my guardians are making noises to continue  the work therefore I will bid you adieu for the moment. One must ensure the quality of the work at all times dear reader thus it is my duty to attend to my guardians.

No comments:

Post a Comment