L

L

Wednesday 6 January 2016

Life goes on....

"It is never nice to lose someone close to you; unfortunately, life goes on and we have to make peace with it and move on." (Francois Hougaard). Wise words, for life does indeed go on. 

A year ago my guardians had agreed for the builders to commence some work on our small home, these first weeks of the new year, to further improve our home. Such a dilemma this did cause in light of recent events. After much deliberation of whether to continue or not, the decision was made to continue, thus we find ourselves once more in the capable and reliable hands of our small band of tradesmen. The ceilings in the two main reception rooms are undergoing a process of insulation and sound proofing, followed by refacing with plaster and the upgrading of the electrical systems. Why, my dears, the improvement is already apparent. Indeed, the chimney breast in our main reception room will also form part of the upgrade. The finest pair of carved corbels will support a new mantel shelf on which one of my lady guardian's beloved clocks will sit, plus the perfect spot for some fine portraits of those no longer with us; gone but never forgotten.

Whilst our home is currently in disarray, and I find myself seeking solace in the upper rooms, I have faith that our little family will soon be restored to the peace and calm so beloved of my late darling brother and my lady guardian's mother; both appreciative of a quiet country sanctuary in which to relax and enjoy the delights of the quintessential English country garden. Both soon to rest for eternity within the sanctuary garden of my guardians small estate.

No comments:

Post a Comment