L

L

Tuesday 22 March 2016

What a beautiful moon....

I do believe, dear reader, that there is quite the most beautiful moon sending a glorious light shining upon us this evening. Why, it almost has a halo surrounding it that is most apparent in the inky deepest of blue skies. So very romantic and a perfect ending to such a fine spring day. Cool but building to a bearable temperature and, oh, that expanse of blue sky to gladden the heart. So simple and yet so heart lifting. As the sun sets and the moon rises, the cool clean Spring air is at its most apparent. Indeed, one can feel quite tipsy on the intoxicating freshness of it all. I have dutifully inspected the estate and, most importantly, the sanctuary garden. Alas, the orchard, and more alarmingly, the restful garden that borders the orchard to the rear of our small abode, appear to have been visited by the Talpidae family, more commonly known as the mole. The sight of those mounds of earth can be most exasperating for the keen gardener. That said, country dwellers such as ourselves, whilst briefly annoyed, tend to cope more readily such is the tendency of these, and many other species,  to make use of the various corners of the estate. 

The evenings remain cool therefore my guardians and I still enjoy the warmth of a well tended fire. Such a comfort after a day of toil and the flames so mesmerising in which to lose oneself. I do find the lure of a log fire difficult to resist and have found myself, ahem, snoozing upon the hearth on more than one occasion. My poor guardian does concern herself at how close to the fire I rest but, my dears, she daren't worry for I believe my male guardian and I are particularly fond of feeling a little warmth on our skin and bones. Sheer bliss after a day spent walking ones estate, do you not agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment