L

L

Saturday 19 March 2016

Laughter, the best medicine

My lady guardian has spent the afternoon with one of her family, taking time to remember and enjoy their parents. It gave me great joy, dear readers, not only to hear my lady guardian's laughter but also the tales to be told of growing up with such delightfully fun loving parents. My heart did lift at hearing the joy in the words spoken so fondly and of shared remembrances that brought about such joyous laughter. As the afternoon grew cooler, the fire was lit and much tea partaken, for talking and sharing is thirsty work. I, for my part, lay upon the hearth, listening to memories of them and it did lift my heart. For sharing and talking is healing work and hearts are on the mend; let us hope that all the family members are able to partake in such moments throughout the coming months and years.

I have begun to spend more time in the sanctuary garden, making sure that all is well and the planting being undertaken is suitable for our small estate. One cannot let standards drop. Easter is nigh upon us and there is nought so delightful as a fine display of spring flowers; primroses, daffodils, why even the damson tree has sent forth a light sprinkling of blossom to show that Spring is truly here. All around lawns are being trimmed and winters  garden mantle is slowly being discard for the fresh, bright, acid green shoots of growth, just in time for The Easter weekend. Oh, the anticipation of hot cross buns and, the most delicious of biscuits, Moores Easter biscuits, by far the most superior quality of Easter  biscuit. My dear lady guardian is most partial to this delicacy, such is the balance of spices, crunchiness and all over deliciousness. My, my, how one's mouth does water in anticipation, dear friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment