L

L

Monday 14 March 2016

Spring, it appears, has sprung

Oh, my dears, what glorious weather we are experiencing. Yes, a tad on the cooler side but, oh, the delights of a clear blue sky. How it does restore one's equilibrium to prepare for what lies ahead.

 My lady guardian did spend a large part of the weekend in the garden, tidying and sorting in preparation for the internment of her Mother's ashes alongside those of her Father, together again for eternity in her sanctuary garden, such was the wish of both parents. Such a request one that my lady guardian sees as a great honour and took most seriously, fulfilling as they should wish. Those members of the family that were able, were present, either personally or via the incredible advancement of technology. Thus, those across the water were able to join in the final farewell. Despite the chill wind, the sky was clear blue, the beautiful floral tributes such that would have delighted her Mother, her final resting place with her beloved husband. 
Final respects paid, the task of keeping memories alive begins, so eloquently voiced in this delightful poem. 

Don’t Cry for me

Don't cry for me now I have died, for I'm still here I'm by your side,
My body's gone but my soul's is here, please don't shed another tear,
I am still here I'm all around, only my body lies in the ground.
I am the snowflake that kisses your nose,
I am the frost, that nips your toes.
I am the sun ,bringing you light,
I am the star, shining so bright.
I am the rain, refreshing the earth,
I am the laughter, I am the mirth.
I am the bird, up in the sky,
I am the cloud, that's drifting by.
I am the thoughts, inside your head,
While I'm still there, I can't be dead.
Author unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment