L

L

Sunday 9 November 2014

Joy in the little things in life

Dear reader, I am at best, happy, at worst, sad. Why you may indeed ask and I will readily tell. Our antipodean relatives guardian sadly gave us the news that our dearest of cousins, Oscar, has gone on to greater things in another life. He was an elderly gentleman who had done in life more than many a feline will ever do. Why, he traversed the wide world many times, criss crossing the skies between dearest Blighty and the Australias; wherever his guardian went, he did follow. Why, his passport held more stamps to it than both my guardians together. It was whilst my guardians had set foot for the first time in the Australias that they met the dear boy. My, they were enchanted and have many, many happy and joyous memories of their time with him. On his many travels home to Blighty, my brother and I met him and, indeed, my brother shared quarters with him. One of the good and great of the feline species; he will not be forgotten.

I know for certain that dear Oscar would also share our joy in the smallest of things. It is with great delight that I report the first fire of the year. My guardians felt the time had come to ensure that all was in working order with the logburner and so it was that last evening the great occassion happened. Oh how happy my brother and I were. There is nought so heartwarming than the crackle of an autumn fire; curtains firmly closed against the dark, lamps ablaze and a warming cup of the finest tea. Why my lady guardian spent a splendid evening thus. Alas, our dearest male guardian  was duty bound.

No comments:

Post a Comment