L

L

Friday 28 November 2014

Anniversary

My dearest guardians celebrated their 32nd Wedding Anniversary yesterday and what a joyful day for them. Far from having to arise at the earliest of hours, they rose at a more conducive hour, after a leisurely lie in. My brother and I were delighted to hear them chatter about their wedding day and how time flies; tempus fugit and all that. It was a misty cold day but this did not dampen their spirits. My brother and I chose to stay warmly by the fire whilst my guardians decided to call for the carriage and spend some time admiring a local house and parkland, bedecked in its finery in preparation for Christmas. They spent a number of hours thus, admiring fine architecture, paintings and an exhibition of fine needlework and clothing across the centuries. My dear lady guardian has a penchant for historical portraiture and thoroughly enjoyed those on show. Sadly, their walk amongst the parkland was cut short by the inclement weather but did not dampen their spirits. Homeward bound, they stopped off for some tasty delicacies for a celebratory supper to be had by the fire, a good book apiece. My brother and I were most delighted as this allowed us the most delightful opportunity of a quiet evening spent with our guardians. What more could one want on a winter's evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment