L

L

Monday 28 April 2014

Tempus fugit

Dear reader, apologies for my tardiness in maintaining my correspondence but oh, how time flies. Barely does one blink and we have sprung forward, the Spring Bank Holiday almost upon us. What a busy time it has been with preparations for the visits from the American and Antipodean branches of the family; the kitchen garden to continue and the spring clean all requiring urgent attention. Further to this, the local contingent of guardians have enjoyed an early spring break in foreign climes that required extra duties on both estates for my guardians. Dear me, such a frenzy of activity; I am positively exhausted with it all.

The American contingent arrive the latter part of this very week and great excitment this has caused. Many of the guardians have not seen these relatives for, well it must be 40 years. Oh, my, my, I cannot contemplate such a length of time, however over the water they are bound and will receive a great welcome on their arrival. I will of course keep you abreast of the latest snippets for your perusal.

For my brothers' part, he has sought sanctuary wherever and whenever possible, being a quiet and homely individual. Here, he is seen in quiet contemplation, safe beneath the Lutyens bench.
I, on the other hand, have been hither and thither taking interest in all preparations for the visits; no inspection too small in which to consider the welcome and comfort of our family. It is on this very note, I bid you adieu dear friends, duty calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment