L

L

Saturday 9 June 2018

Technology and tasks

Whilst one is not perhaps the most technical of people, I do so enjoy some of the advantages my electronic devise does afford me. Whilst my darling twin sister and her partner live, literally, half the world away, I was able to enjoy their company for several hours this very morning whilst the male guardian is at his professional toil once more. Oh, how we did laugh, gossip, plan and reminisce. How the time did fly for there was so much to discuss. Sat comfortably with a large cup of English breakfast tea within reach and the ever present garment on the needles; tempus fugit indeed. My dears, it really is just the ticket. The picture was as clear as if they were sat in the same room and the joy of shared hilarity so much nicer when one can see the mirrored enjoyment in their faces. Oh, how I did enjoy it, why, it fair set me up for the day.

Alas, one's chores awaited but, much boosted, they were soon complete as the mind wandered  joyfully over our conversations as I worked. A trip to the small local town for some necessities did not take long and preparations for a day with my elite sewing bee are well underway for we meet on the morrow. During my visit for necessities, I took the opportunity to pop in to the small, but perfectly stocked, fabric shop. Oh, dear, dear, for they have had new stocks and the choice of summer fabrics is quite amazing. The will power was sorely tested but thankfully one did not buckle under the strain, merely memorised information filed for later use, as one does. Such a riotous palette of colours and patterns, I have no doubt, dear souls, that the next visit may not go so well.

One was required to visit the dry cleaners where one's niece runs a very tight ship indeed and provides a very admirable service to her local customers, with a prompt and reliable service. Then on to the most important hardware store for necessities and a tempting bunch of sweet Williams. My dear late Father used to grow them when I was a child and my late Mother always appreciated a bunch or two when in season. A resplendent bunch now sits in one's home emitting the most evocative spicy, sweet scent of years gone by. Alas, dear souls,  one must not sit idling for there are cakes to bake and supper for the male guardian to prepare therefore on, on is the motto of the moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment