L

L

Sunday 1 April 2018

Happy Easter

Happy Easter, dear souls. Oh, how I do adore Easter. The end of winter, the beginning of spring, rejoicing in the life cycle, lambs, new growth and more. The "and more" is clearly those naughty but quite delectable little extras such as the most delicious of Hot Cross Buns, and, my personal favourite, Moores Easter Biscuits. Why even the smell of them evokes thoughts of many an Easter past. How I do so enjoy their crisp, spicy taste over Easter. I have yet to discover any other quite so delectable and will not compromise, Moores it has to be. The male guardian, however, is not a fan, being staunchly a chocolate lover (particularly those rather moreish speckled eggs);  such a very sad thing, do you not agree, that we differ in our preferences for one must, of course, ensure there is no waste. 

The next woollen garment pattern for my seamstress friend has been decided upon, the colour and weight of yarn pondered and a decision finally made. This morning has seen an order of yarn duly made and thus, we await delivery. Such was the choice of colour in the particular yarn that 'twas really quite difficult to choose, why, my dear friend and I spent last Sunday deliberating over the many colours. We were girlishly amused to note that she could have said garment in forty eight colour ways should she so desire and I would be knitting for many a year to come. The choice of colour really was delightful and, in all seriousness, I do feel that I will be producing a number of said garments for my friend, much to my satisfaction. 

In the meantime I have nigh finished a garment for myself with just a sleeve and a half to complete which will keep the fingers nimble whilst I await delivery of the afore mentioned woolly parcel. This is being knit from wool I have had in my little stash, keen as I am not to hoard too much for either of my crafting hobbies, for one is aware that a crafters stash can be known to get out of hand. My dear seamstress friend confesses to many a tantalising bolt of fabric, a length of binding or interfacing material that waits her attention and, as a member of a knitting family, one is all too aware of the size a stash can reach. My dear late Mother's stash was legendary with all manner of yarn in rather plentiful supply; from those suitable for regular mechanical washing for children to those requiring gentle hand washing.  One of my sister's and I had the pleasure of sorting this out after she had died and found many scraps from past projects to remember such as a knitted coat for an elder sister that took many hours to complete but was a thing of beauty;  ends of balls of wool from the many a beautiful arran items she knitted, including an arran dress passed down through a family which included five girls, that I remember wearing at primary school. There was also those little woolly treats she had bought herself in a delectable colour and weight that most knitters will confess to; a seriously upmarket yarn that one cannot resist, stashed for just the right pattern. I, too, confess to such little treats in both my yarn and fabric stashes, but only the one in each for it could become an expensive habit,  could it not. I fully intend to make the most of this short Easter  break to complete my woollen garment and hope that you too have an equally enjoyable time, dear souls. Happy Easter.




No comments:

Post a Comment