L

L

Tuesday 13 February 2018

What a spectacle....

Now, my dears, I do have to be honest and admit that one's eyes have reached a point in life that they required a little assistance with the finer things in life, small print in particular, it would seem. 'Twas the rather shocking revelation whilst persuing one of my newer hobbies that it would seem an element of deterioration had ensued. One could not, dear friends, thread the needle on one's sewing machine without luck and determination. Yes, I have joined the ranks of the many for whom the constant search for "my glasses" will become the new mantra. Off I dutily took myself to the optician to ensure I had suitable spectacles to take me through my day, not least when one such day is to be spent on the art of the seamstress. Suitable prescription assured and glasses chosen, a short period of waiting and lo, a new pair of spectacles were presented to me. What joy they have bought for not only can one thread a needle but also see fine enough detail to unpick one's errors, a most important task. 

Whilst the cold weather continues, I have been experimenting with new recipes and flavours. A recent test of butternut squash, carrot, celery, onion, Lentils,  low fat coconut milk, stock and spices plus garlic, ginger and chilli have produced a rather delicious recipe for a most warming soup. With the coconut milk and spices, plus chilli and ginger it fair warms one at the same time as being a filling and nutritious meal for very little outlay. The male guardian and I have happily supped on this enjoyable meal for the last two evening, such was the size of the pot. After this success, my mind it dancing ahead to the next possibilities for combining spices, proteins and vegetables into tasty suppers for the future. I do so enjoy trying new recipes, particularly, if like this, it is a store cupboard recipe. What is not to like, my dears.

No comments:

Post a Comment