L

L

Saturday 24 February 2018

Splendid time...

What, my dears, can one say, bar a very massive, and grateful, thank you. You may enquire to whom and for what, and indeed, I will tell for 'tis threefold. Firstly, to my dear friends and colleagues at one's place of toil for a very kind, thoughtful and delightful gift on my Birthday. One really was touched most deeply for the thought and kindness that had gone in to it, for which I am most grateful. 

To my darling male guardian who really is such a thoughtful and generous man whose gifts never fail to amaze me. Quite how the dear man doth manage to get it so right is beyond me, for when the tables are turned, one really is most woeful at reciprocating, for fear, 'tas to be said, of getting it wrong for the male guardian really is quite definite on what he likes and does not. This doth make the art of the surprise somewhat difficult, dear reader, as I am sure you can imagine.

We spent an hour or two in a nearby small city, staying only as long as necessary to partake of a quick and light lunch of something hot and nourishing as we perused the freshly cleaned facade of the cathedral, such a beautiful building. We arrived home all the better for our rather quick canter through the streets and wonderful carriage ride home across our beautiful countryside, clad in its winter best on such a fine day. Once we had removed our cold weather finery, we partook of a little tasty morsel to go with a pot of freshly brewed coffee in honour of the birthday status. A quiet evening in front of a blazing fire was a surefire way to a county girls heart, dear souls.

The third part of my grateful thanks is to the most glorious of crisp cold weather fronts we are experiencing; oh, how I love days such as these. Curulean blue sky that goes on to infinity, bone numbing coldness and air so sharply crisp why, one could believe it cuts. Oh, how I love them. Wrapping up warm, stomping up hill and down dale, returning to fires lit early and hot nourishing food, the log basket piled high for the evening ahead;  February is after all, a winter month. Long may it last is my wish for I would rather have a crisp cold day than be rain soaked once more, for we have had many this winter, have we not.

No comments:

Post a Comment