L

L

Sunday 9 July 2017

Thump, thump, thump.........

Oh my dears,  I am so excited for the harvest has begun. The combine harvester arrived mid morning and so it began and still continues. Accompanied by grain tractors, up and down the field they go, the two grain tractors racing to and fro to collect the harvest. They have been joined by that most delightful piece of machinery, the baleing  machine. Oh, how I do so love the sound of the baler, thump, thump, thump, spewing perfectly formed golden bales in its wake. Clouds of birds rise and fall across the field, gathering their free meal as they go. I have given a cheery wave to the combine accompanied by the most widest of grins; they are used to me watching them, smile in place each year, delighted by the cyclical farming year marking my calendar. A full moon is anticipated tonight, better to appreciate the changing landscape surrounding us.

No comments:

Post a Comment