L

L

Tuesday 11 July 2017

Made in Great Britain....

Such excitement, my dears, for delivery of the long awaited sofa has arrived and oh, my, my, what a sofa. We are most delighted that it is British made and showcases the quite extraordinary craftsmanship available within our very own shores. Well worth the wait and diligent financial management to ensure a piece that one hopes will stay the course. The history of the company highlights a pedigree of supplying many a quality establishment with such pieces therefore we feel sure it was a wise choice, only time indeed will tell.

As I ponder on its fine lines, I have considered the wares we use within our home and am delighted with being able to showcase some further examples of fine British craftsmanship; utilitarian articles such as everyday pottery ware from both British and Scottish artisans, fine woollen items from Scotland, England, Ireland and Wales, bedsteads and mattresses, logburner, baskets, material, why even my wooden spoons and kitchen ware - all from the four countries that make us truly Great Britain. How I do love that, as I look around my small home, craftsmen and women from the four corners of this great country have added to the character of it, diligently working to produce fine or utilitarian pieces that contribute. Why even the wool that I use to fashion the woollen garments I oft allude to, is British. My dears, my little heart is swollen with pride as I am sure is yours, whatever country you hail from, when you see the diligence of your fellow countrymen or women set out before you. 

With that thought, dear friends, I feel the necessity for a fine cup of English Tea to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment