L

L

Saturday 11 February 2017

Snow flurries

February, my dears, is not truly February without the addition of some snow and today we are seeing the odd flurry. ''Tis nought but the odd burst but the wind is bitter and one feels it keenly. I have little  doubt that my guardians' will ensure the homes fires are alight early to warm the fabric of our little home. As we write, I am curled upon my lady guardians lap, swathed in a most comforting knee rug of the finest wool to keep me warm, for I feel my age most keenly on these bitter days. Ensconced thus I am free to observe the world or nap as the will takes me. It is times such as these that I take time to let my mind wander at will; my thoughts are currently of fond memories of life with my dear brother and my darling guardians. We were most fortunate to find each other in times of need and have spent the last nigh thirteen years thus. As I ponder, I am greatly aware of my advancing years and health that is beginning to decline. Like many of my fellow felines, and indeed, humans, we find that age does not come alone and one's world begins to narrow to the essentials of food, if desired, warmth, love and kindness. I am in the fortunate position of having an endless supply of these essentials but alas know this is not true for everyone. 'Tis important to remember, however, that life does not come with a guarantee of reaching our later years and it is a time to enjoy, where possible, for there is enjoyment to be had. I, as you know, believe in simple pleasures and am greatly enjoying the warmth and comfort from time spent with my guardians whilst we experience this cold snap, with the benefit of a most comforting warm rug.

The Antipodeans continue with the new phase of life, currently betwixt and between, but with a most definite forward trajectory and we regularly monitor their progress from afar. How delightful to see the twists and turns of individual life maps. Whilst my lady guardian and her sister may be twins their life maps have been quite opposite, true Pisces, swimming in opposite directions across the hemispheres but connected by blood lines. So very fascinating for one to observe and pontificate upon. As one ages, one considers one's family and the relationships with the twists and turns across the map of life that play out before one. Life however comes down to simple things in the end, something one only realises with the benefit of age but the important addition of maturity, and a little wisdom thrown in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment