L

L

Saturday 6 August 2016

Today

My lady guardian and I have spent a productive time this very day. The windows are once again thrown wide, laundry flutters in the breeze and cupboards are stripped of there contents; lashings of hot soapy water and good old elbow grease have been employed. We have had the annual spring clean and are now undertaking the summer "refresh". Dear souls, I do believe if I lay still I may well find myself well and truly "done". I have no doubt that my lady guardian will undertake an Autumn appraisal before the winter onslaught. Whilst I am a firm believer in a tidy home, dear friends, I do believe one should rest in between endeavours but no, my lady guardian has that look in her eye and nought shall remain unturned, scrubbed or cleansed. I confess I seek refuge in my dear late brothers sanctuary in the garden at times like these; a cool, green, snug den under the yew hedge, bliss my dears, bliss. Until of course one hears the faint sounds of supper being prepared. Meal times must, my dears, be strictly adhered to.

No comments:

Post a Comment