L

L

Sunday 14 August 2016

Balmy days

Dear friends, we have enjoyed another glorious weekend of sunshine much to my male guardian's delight for he was free from his professional toil for two whole days along with my lady guardian. Oh how delightful to glory in time that is ones own with one's family. We have enjoyed al fresco meals,  peaceful contemplation, and glorious sunshine to gladden the heart. Both my guardian's look hale and hearty, why my male guardian is nut brown in colour. How he does love the summer season, one which my lady guardian endures. However, it is good for the harvest which around us has been completed, with the last bales gathered in this very afternoon. Alas, what has been good for the harvest has turned the lawns brown in places for there has been little rain; our rural county does also turn this particular shade of parched grass.  The new yew hedge is being nurtured through this time for it would easily perish. As the evening cooled my guardian's spent time watering and tending, whilst I ensured that the correct procedures were followed. We have spent a delightful few hours since in repose upon the sofa, enjoying each other's company before we begin the new week. How I do enjoy out time spent thus, for we are family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment