L

L

Sunday 8 November 2015

A day of rest...

One does enjoy the somnambulant start to the sabbath day should my guardians be fortunate not to have to spend the day in toil. A far slower pace is adopted with a later rising from one's bed. Oh how I do enjoy these mornings. My late brother and I were inordinately fond of a late start on an autumn or winter's morning, which would mean the four of us snugged upon the bed until one of my guardians would slip down to the kitchen to make the first cup of fine English tea, to be enjoyed sat up in bed, wrapped warmly against the chill. My guardians and I continue this ritual whenever possible. My male guardian will don his reading spectacles and enjoy a few pages of the latest tomb, whilst my lady guardian will either continue the crafting of a fine garment or assist me in updating you, my dearest friends. We are fortunate that the bedroom is dual aspect and a very fine view is to be had from either window; one overlooking the orchard and the other, the view beyond the approach garden - both a delight upon the senses. 

Once the time has come to rise and the ablutions performed, a leisurely late breakfast or indeed "brunch" will be partaken and the broadsheets examined, particularly by my male guardian who likes to keep abreast of current news. My lady guardian however is nought so fervent in her perusal, preferring to potter about our domain, tidying and tweaking to ensure our continued comfort.

Slower days are rare indeed, my guardians oft in toil, therefore these rarities are enjoyed to their fullest where we can. Today is one such day therefore I will bid you a hasty adieu. I do hope that your own sabbath is equally as restful.

No comments:

Post a Comment