L

L

Sunday 29 November 2015

Busy, busy week

Well, my dears, what a busy week we have endured. Now, it has to be said that whilst busy, my guardians have enjoyed luxurious extra hours of sleep and rest each day, thus, much refreshed went forth each day for a mini adventure. Firstly however the business of maintenance for both the house and carriage had to be undertaken on the first day; then, and only then could they sallie forth. Well, my dearest friends, hither and thither they did venture. Not all however was leisure, for my mistress spent Wednesday ensuring our wood supply. With her fellow woodsman, the new, larger carriage was employed to obtain two vast loads of wood, one for each house. Why the new carriage proved its worth; one trip alone accounted for nigh on three trips required of the older, smaller carriage. Such a vast improvement and time left in the day for more to be done.

Thursday evening was a pleasure for my guardians attended a Shakespearian play with a most prodigious cast. A joyous production it did prove to be, much to the delight of my guardians.

Friday was the wedding anniversary of my guardians and they did spend it doing what they do love, walking in the most beautiful woods of our home county. The sights and sounds of natures finest, the leaves falling as if confetti from the roof of natures finest cathedral, the murmuring and burbling of the river and the song of the local birds the music to accompany their procession. Beautiful mosses, the leaf confetti, fallen trees the pew on which to seat oneself. Truly beautiful and a balm to life's frenetic grinding. Only one other person was seen the whole time they were there. Peace and serenity for my dearest guardians, much refreshed by an hour or three spent thus. Thereafter a delightful hour was spent upon the most delightful of afternoon teas, served in a tiny Victorian tea room by the most attentive of hosts. Such choice to be had and truly to be tried to be believed - an experience to be repeated in due course. Then a perusal of a fine gallery before returning to our small estate.

Dear friends, with my dear brother no longer with us, I do so revel in these brief respites my guardians enjoy from their daily work. Their company is most important to me and thus I have enjoyed every moment I can with them, from the later rising time, to an evening of warmth, the fire lit, enjoying a good book or assisting my lady guardian with her latest woollen garment. I have so appreciated every extra moment with them. Alas, all returns to normal on the morrow, much to my distress. I can only hope for another week as this one in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment