L

L

Friday 17 July 2015

The v-e-t

As you know, my brother is now the grande age of 15 and has, largely, benefitted from good health. Latterly, however he has given rise to some concern with a marked weight loss, raging hunger and, more recently, jaundice. Today, my dear guardians took the decision to take him to the v-e-t, much to my brothers aggrieved consternation - apparently he shouted at them the whole way, most unlike him! Whilst my brother fears them, the v-e-t that my guardians frequent, are nought but the kindest and best of persons. A somber young veterinarian examined my brother most thoroughly, ran blood tests and took time to listen, most ardently, to his symptoms. In the blink of an eye, he had the results of the blood tests returned to him and two courses  of medication prescribed that my brother must be ministered for the next ten days. Dear friends, such are my brothers good manners and dignified demeanour, that the somber young man did declare him a lovely, fine fellow, commenting on his decorum whilst tests were undertaken. My dears, breeding, as they say, does out and he disported himself most becomingly under duress. My bother, as I write, seems calmer and is indeed resting after the stress of the day. Sadly, he must return to the v-e-t in five days time for a review of his health, a fact that my brother is currently choosing to ignore, taking pleasure from the joy of once more being in his beloved home, surrounded by those who love him and are willing him well.

No comments:

Post a Comment