L

L

Wednesday 15 July 2015

Home grown food

Well, my dears, my lady guardian has been most delighted by the kitchen garden produce this week. Three potato plants were dug to gauge the success, or not, of this years planting and oh my, what a resounding success they have been. The most delicious of white and red potatoes were divided for supper last evening, though truth be told, there was more than one suppers worth in the trug my lady guardian did bring home.  As well as this was some most tasty home grown beetroot, leaves as well, that will make a most delicious salad with a little feta cheese. My lady guardian was also delighted with the Cavello Nero greens, such a tasty vegetable and addition to ones table and can be eaten as my guardian in laws partake of them, lightly steamed, or as my guardians had, chopped and made a late addition to a butternut squash, sweet potato and carrot soup; added in the last ten minutes to the cooking that adds a little something. A very tasty meal indeed after a busy day spent decorating and general maintenance. 

My dear brother continues life at a slower pace, as indeed do we all, and has enjoyed the weather, both rain and sun, from the garden bench in the sanctuary garden where he can survey our guardians going about their business. He has not lost his appetite and, indeed, utilises his vantage point to ensure he is strategically placed with a most winsome look upon his face should either guardian venture in to the kitchen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment